20 May 2011

Friday Pick of the Week

Well friends, it saddens me to say that this might be the last ever Friday pick of the week, as some are predicting Judgement Day tomorrow evening around 6 pm EDT.  If that is the case, it well could spell the end of Friday picks for a number of possible reasons:

1. I've been raptured.  For those left behind, may I recommend the blueprint laid out by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins.
2. The Apocalypse is upon us and I won't have time for weekly musical selections to pass along.  You will understand as you are being tormented by the ravages of a graceless world.  Feel free to join me in my pursuit of blueprint laid out by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins.
3. The aforementioned shit went down and my training proved insufficient.

What better choice for the Friday before the end of the world than Sufjan Stevens?  His most recent album, The Age of Adz, celebrates the life and artwork of the prophet Royal Robertson, ranging in themes from aliens to schizophrenia to the Apocalypse.  The title track is particularly appropriate as, so far as I can tell, it is about Judgement Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment