27 May 2011

Friday Pick of the Week

As Rachel and I traveled to the beach this past weekend (what did you do in anticipation of the Apocalypse?), today's pick became an unofficial theme song for the weekend.  Florence + The Machine's debut album Lungs came out in 2009 with much celebration, first in the UK and then in the US.  While this selection has been around for  a while, the tune and beat made it an outstanding beach song.  As I listened several times, I began hearing the words, trying to figure out what Florence is singing about.  I'm not exactly sure, but with the celebratory but violent imagery, I think she may be telling the story of a victim of domestic violence fleeing from her abuser.  In a related post, you can read what I expect to be a great new series on women here.  Anyway, here is your pick.  Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment