01 April 2011

Friday Pick of the Week

Happy Friday, friends.  Today's selection is from NPR's coverage of Austin's South by Southwest festival.  NPR set up a camera and a microphone in a room at the Driskill Hotel and invited artists to come by and perform.  While (despite Christopher Hanlon's influence) I've never fancied myself a fan of club music, today's pick is Austra, an up and coming act out of Toronto's club scene.  Austra gets credit for stepping out of their comfort zone and into a pseudo-unplugged setting (nevermind the music is coming from a laptop).  Though I'll probably never invite you to go with me to Austra show, I think they sound pretty cool here, vaguely reminding me of one of my favorite new bands of 2010, The xx.  Without further ado, here's Friday:

No comments:

Post a Comment