15 July 2011

Friday Pick of the Week

Happy Friday, friends.  I think it all started with Lisa Loeb crying out "Stay" in those sexy, psuedo-nerdy cat-eye glasses, begging me to come back to live in her VH1 New York City Studio apartment.  As you have probably noticed by now, I have a thing for female pop singers.  When Colbie Caillat's "Bubbly" comes on the radio, I will do whatever it takes (save admitting that I like her) to keep it on the radio.  "Oh gosh," I might say, "I can't stand her. But leave it on this station, I want to hear what's next," all the while my foot taps to the beat.

While I don't love every female pop vocalist, I appreciate a range, from Taylor Swift to Norah Jones.  My most recent guilty pleasure is Adele.  She's got an incredible voice, and as a 21 year old, the songwriting talents to match.  Today's pick is certainly one you've heard before, but you know you just want to click play one more time.  Without further ado, I present "Rolling in the Deep."

No comments:

Post a Comment