22 July 2011

Friday Pick of the Week

Happy Friday, friends.  This Friday is particularly bittersweet, as it marks the end of an era, albeit a short one.  Since February I've regularly passed along music that I've been enjoying in the form of the Friday Pick of the Week.  As viva la Re... is going on sabbatical for the coming months, this will be the last regular post until further notice.

I've made efforts to allow the posts to reflect a broad interest in music, from indie local to top 40 and from bluegrass to hip-hop.  This final post is local, at least in a sense.  I had the good fortune to share a neighborhood with Geoff Geis when I was growing up.  In fact, in 7th grade, Geoff and I started a band together.  We didn't go very far as none of us knew how to play an instrument.  Geoff hung onto his musical dream, first by learning to play it, then by moving to Los Angeles to pursue it.  He's doing that still with a couple of acts in the LA scene, and he has just released his solo album Princess that is reviewed here and streamed here.

Today we feature "Cover My Eyes" by Big Whup, a band fronted by Geoff.  Of the naked people, he's the one that's singing.  Enjoy!


Big Whup - Cover My Eyes from Matthew Chevlen on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment