19 July 2011

viva la housekeeping

Greetings friends.  So some changes are imminently in store.  As mentioned before, Rachel and I have each accepted fellowship positions with the Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ).  The HIVCorps positions are of one year's duration, and we will be back next June so that I can finally get on with my last year of medical school.

Many have asked to how they can keep track of us while we are out of the country.  Given that we are guests of the Zambian government, CIDRZ intends to keep us in good graces, and thus they have a policy that any weblogging shall be done under password protection. In light of this, Rachel and I have created a new blog where you can follow all the happenings.  You can find it here: The Stream Zambezi.  It will require of you a password, which can be obtained from either Rachel or me.  Just send a message.  If you care to follow but don't have our addresses, post below in the comments and I will get the password to you.

This commitment to a new blog means that viva la Re... will be falling fallow this season.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my first attempt at blogging, and I am still amazed when friends and acquaintances tell me they read.  Thank you for your comments and thoughts, and most of all for your willingness to give me voice even when I say things that you don't like.  This Friday's Pick of the Week will be the last post until further notice.

As experimentation has been a theme of late (e.g. Twitter), the new blog will look to branch out a bit from viva la Re...  When I've followed others living overseas, I've noticed tendencies for them to try to relate all of their experiences, which can be a bit daunting for the reader hoping for a three minute diversion.  If you've not noticed, my posts already have a tendency to stretch the limits of a normal attention span (see this post).  Thus, The Stream Zambezi will effort to convey our experience in a sort of digital stream of consciousness through varied media, including photo, video and text.

Additionally, I am going to try to supplement the blog through a Twitter account I have created: StreamZambezi.  Request to follow for updates.  Finally, I am closing the official viva la Re... Twitter account in favor of my personal Twitter account.  You can follow me here.


No comments:

Post a Comment